United Airlines offers flexible flight change, cancellation or refund policy to its customers. You can easily cancel your existing flight bookings in just a few clicks and can also request for easy refunds by visiting United Airlines Official Site. If you have not yet cancelled your United flight ticket, on the homepage of its official site, click on the option “My Trips” to first cancel the United Airlines reservations and then request for refunds. Depending on the type of the ticket, you may be offered a future flight credit or a refund back to the original form of payment.
United Airlines Refund Policy
Under United Airlines’ 24-hour flexible booking policy, if a customer has purchased a flight ticket through its official site in the last 24 hours and completed the purchased 7 days or more before the original scheduled departure, it may qualify waiver or cancellation fees.
Basic economy tickets are not eligible for any changes but are eligible for full refunds inside 24 hours of bookings.
A credit card will be processed within seven business days of the request. All other refunds will be processed within 20 business days of the request.
Steps to Apply for a Refund With United Airlines
If you’d to request for refunds with United Airlines due to some unpredictable situation like illness or death in the family, you can easily do so by following some easy steps below:
- Visit United Airlines official site
- Head to the United Airlines Refund Centre
- Under the option “request for a refund”, enter all the required information
- Click on “add flight” and “select items for refund”
- A new window will appear, enter your last name and your ticket number
- Click on “add flight” option again and your booking details will then appear
- Under the option “the details”, describe the reason for your refund request in the text box
- After describing the reason, submit the required documents like doctor’s certificate
- Click on “submit”
Also Read: United Airlines Flights