Sun Country Airlines is an American ultra-low-cost traveler and cargo airline that ranks eleventh in the United States in terms of traveler traffic. Sun Country manages 86 traveler paths between locations in the United States Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean from its head offices at Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport, with focal point town activities at McCarran International Airport and Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. Sun Country serves as an agreement cargo controller for Amazon Air.
Sun Country flights started operational activities with a singular Boeing 727-200 jetliner in January 1983. The airline's first crew included sixteen pilots, sixteen aircraft servants three technicians, and one office worker. Several of the original staff members had initially operated for Braniff International Airways that went out of business on May 12, 1982. Captain Jim Olsen, the agency's founding member and first President/CEO, also served as Chief Pilot. Joan Smith-Olsen, his spouse, served as Chief Flight Attendant and Head of Inflight Activities.
Its head offices were on the bases of the Minneapolis–Saint Paul International Airport in 1988.
Due to monetary difficulties the firm ceased activities in 2001.
Petters Group International and Whitebox Consultants purchased the airline in July 2006.
Sun Country was probably completed by the significant downturn of 2008 and the confession of monetary scam after the replacement of interim CEO Jay Salmen by Stan Gadek, former CFO of AirTran Airways. Due to increasing fuel prices, the airline laid off 45 of its 156 pilots and reduced its summer timetable. Sun Country stated that it expected to receive up to $50 million in loans or other finance assistance from the state of Minnesota and the Minnesota Airports Committee.
Sun Country Airlines Baggage Allowance
Carry-on Baggage Fees
A carry-on goods that does not matches beneath the seat next to you will be billed $25-$40 on Sun Country. Carry-on items must not exceed 24 x 16 x 11 inches in size, which include tires and handles.
Checked Baggage Fees
Sun Country typically charges $30-$40 to confirm one part of luggage weighing up to 50lbs and measuring 62′′ (L+W+H) or less.
Excess Baggage Fees
Sun Country charges $40 per backpack for verifying excess luggage that is considered your second or more verified backpack.
Overweight Baggage Fees
Overweight luggage is defined as any backpack weighing more than 50 pounds. Sun Country charges extra costs for overweight bags in relation to any extra luggage fees. Backpacks weighing 51-60 pounds will incur an additional $20 fee. Checking a backpack weighing 61-100 pounds prices an extra $60.
Oversized Baggage Fees
Most luggage that have a total length, width, and height of more than 62 inches will be considered overstuffed. When checking extra-large luggage on Sun Country Airlines, the fee is $100.
Luggage Shipping Alternative
You can transport your backpacks ahead with LugLess rather than reimbursing Sun Country verified backpacks fees. For as little as $15, LugLess will create a FedEx or UPS delivery brand name for you to connect to your backpack and send it immediately to your location anywhere in the United States.
Sun Country Airlines Reservation and Check-in Information
It is the duties of the traveler to reach at the airport in sufficient time to enable for check-in necessities and protection processing. Sun Country Airlines advises travelers to reach at the airport 90 minutes before timetabled departure in Minneapolis/St. Paul (Terminal 2) and 2 hours before timetabled departure at all out-of-town fare counters.
For check-in, all Sun Country fare destinations will be closed:
- At American airports, 45 minutes before timetabled departure time.
- At worldwide airports, you should arrive 60 minutes before your flight's timetabled departure time.
Sun Country Airlines Cancellation Policy
- If you have a medical urgent situation you can simply cancel your aircraft ticket by visiting the Sun Country Airlines actual webpage. But, you must be comfortable with Sun Country Airlines tickets cancellation regulations.
- If you select to cancel your aircraft within 24 hours of purchasing it, you will receive a complete reimbursement with no extra charges.
- Furthermore, if you cancel your aircraft ticket after 24 hours but within 7 days of purchase, you must reimburse a Sun Country Airlines cancellation price of $99, that will be subtracted from the ticket's price and the remaining amount reimbursed. So you can book a flight Sun Country for better travel experience.
- Sun Country Airlines offers refunds and/or cancellations based on the ticket type selected. To be qualified for a reimbursement, your fare should comply with the cancellation regulation and linked Terms of Service.
Sun Country Airlines Cancellation Fee
- Sun Country flight booking will not charge a cancellation cost if the cancellation is made 60 days or more before your aircraft's timetabled departure
- If you cancel your fare before 60 days however between 59 and 14 days before your aircraft's timetabled departure the airline will charge you a $50 cancellation cost.
- If you select to cancel your aircraft fare within 14 days of its timetabled departure you will be charged a $100 cancellation cost.
Flight Ticket Cancellation at the Airport
If the processes described above do not work for you, you can go to the closest airport. Following that, go to the Sun Country Airlines ticket counter or the Airport Ticket Office to cancel your fare in person. An airline executive will request some information from you. Following the submission of these information and payment of the cancellation cost, your money will be reimbursed to the bank account or credit/debit card used to reserve your air fare.
Inflight Entertainment and Amenity Services
A wide range of meals and snacks are accessible for purchase on Sun Country Airlines. On morning aircrafts, heated sandwiches are available. There are also gluten-free bites and kid-friendly meals. To keep yourself amused onboard, you can lease the 'Sun Country Digital Gadget.' On it, you can watch films, Television programs, and animations. Visitors may also use their own small portable digital gadgets as long as they are set to airplane mode and the cellular integration is turned off. Lap-held infants commute free of charge. If you are transiting with a pet, dogs and cats are permitted in the cabin, subject to certain regulations. Travelers who needs support must submit an 'availability request' prior to departure. So this airlines offer a wide range of services for their clients so if you are planning for a trip, you can check Sun country airlines official website.
Also Read: Airlines Manage Booking