- Sometimes, things won't go our way, and we need to drop our plans unwillingly. Southwest understands this, and its flight cancelation procedure is a hassle-free procedure to cancel flight reservations. There are some important points to keep in mind while canceling a flight:
- If Southwest changed or canceled your flight, you will receive a call or email for a new itinerary, where your new reservation is confirmed, and you don't need to do anything else.
- 'Business Select/Anytime tickets' are refundable. You can either receive your refund to the original payment method or hold the value of the ticket as a future travel credit, which you can use to buy your next flight.
- 'Wanna Get Away' tickets will be converted to a travel fund that you can use to buy a future flight. These are non-refundable.
- Southwest never charges any fees to change your flights.
- Southwest will refund the fare difference to the original form of payment, or the difference will be held for future use in the form of a reusable travel fund for the originally ticketed Passenger(s).
How to make Southwest Airlines Flights Cancelation?
If you want to cancel Southwest Airlines flight tickets, you need to visit the official website. Follow these steps to make your ticket cancelation easy:
- Search www.southwest.com in your device browser.
- Click on the 'Change/Cancel' option appearing on the page's home screen.
- Enter your last name and confirmation number in the boxes provided.
- Click on 'Cancel flight' and then on the yellow 'Search' box.
- Follow the steps further as the new pages arrive.
Also Read: Southwest Airlines Manage Booking